Need to edit a PDF on Linux ?
There are a few softwares that can do the Job but...
Here was the Problematic : adding notes on a 215 pages PDF using a small and performance-less netbook
I first tried PDF import extension of LibreOffice (opened using Draw) two issues came out :
- importing the PDF destroyed most pictures
- the 215 pages uncompressed for editing made the netbook lagging a lot
So I needed an alternative way
- splitting the enormous pdf in smaller parts
- using another program to add notes
- Splitting using pdfmod :
sudo apt-get install pdfmod
once the PDF was in a few smaller time it was time to add notes :
- Adding notes using flpsed
sudo apt-get install flpsed
the look isn't fancy, but it does the Job :
You may wait a lot for the file to open (mostly linked to pdf size and PC performance)
==> Then add notes, and export to pdf when the work is done !
PS: I'm still looking for better ways, feel free to share your own!